Friday, Aug. 29
- Reigning District One Class AAA champions Academy Park relied on grit and Jeremy Dembry’s legs to beat Marple Newtown, 19-14.
- Springfield played with heavy hearts and outlasted Interboro, 21-7, thanks in large part to the play of All-Delco LB Adam Krauter.
- Bonner-Prendergast QB Collin DiGalbo and TE Tyler Higgins helped set the tone in a 27-14 win over Upper Darby.
- Ridley’s special teams unit stole the show in 13-7 win at Glen Mills.
- Alex Bratsis was the man for Strath Haven in a 40-6 shellacking of Dobbins Tech
- Penncrest’s defense had major problems stopping Upper Moreland RB Tyler Whitmore en route to a 30-12 setback.
- Radnor jumped on Valley Forge MA early and often on the way to a 40-28 trouncing.
- Fumbles doomed Haverford High in its 31-2 defeat to Downingtown West.
- Garnet Valley held host Unionville to eight points… and lost (story to come).
- Chichester imposed its will on Lower Merion and pulled out an 18-7 decision.
- Penn Wood had no answer for West Chester East in a 48-0 defeat.
- Archbishop Carroll couldn’t keep up with Conwell-Egan in Ocean City, N.J., and was dealt a 46-21 loss.
Saturday, Aug. 30
- In Ocean City (N.J.), Cardinal O’Hara rolls the dice against Prep Charter in 26-19 loss.
- In Wildwood, miscues and penalties cost The Haverford School against Catholic League juggernaut West Catholic.
- Also in Wildwood, Episcopal Academy had its offense rolling early and a guy they call Moose was tough to tame in rout of Neumann-Goretti
- Chester couldn’t keep up with W.C. Henderson in 36-14 defeat
- Sun Valley’s Kijana Gordon and Juwan Chandler torched Pottstown
- Delco Christian keeps its eye on the prize and earns hard-fought win in South Philadelphia.